– 17 and Counting is the brainchild of William Stacy, a 23 year-old senior at Michigan State University. He grew up in Birmingham and has been a lifelong Detroit sports fan. He plays college lacrosse at Michigan State, and self-identifies as a diehard Wings fan. Feel free to give him a follow on Twitter @wkstace12
– 17 and Counting is the exploration of Detroit sports. From the Motor City Kitties to the Bad Boys, the past, present and future of Detroit sports can be found here.
– This blog was created in Spring of 2015, with inspiration coming from friends, fans, and the NMDL class at MSU.
– From East Lansing to Woodward and anywhere that Detroit sports history takes place.
– There are hundreds if not thousands of blogs dedicated to sports teams, cities, fan pages, etc. So why add one more? 17 and Counting is one young fan’s experience of Detroit sports. I’m not claiming to be an expert on sports or a better fan than you, I just want to spread some love for the Motor City and hopefully learn a few things along the way.